So some of you know that I love Dove products! About a week ago I was invited to visit Barba Skin Clinic to try Dove Beauty Bar and get pampered with an amazing facial. I’ve never used a cleansing bar to wash my face but if Dr. Alicia Barba uses it then hey why not try it.
As I entered Barba Skin Clinic, I was greeted with a warm welcome and was taken to a private room where I was going to have my facial done. I met with an amazing aesthetician, Michelle Rivera, at Barba Skin Clinic and she explained to me the entire process of my facial, first starting with my face being cleansed with Dove Beauty Bar.
To my surprise, an hour later my face looked AMAZING! I couldn’t believe the results of the HydraGlow facial. Before I left the clinic, I got to speak with Dr. Barba and asked her tips for keeping my skin glowing and feeling fresh. I asked her why she believes in washing our face with Dove Beauty Bar out of all the cleansing products out there? She said, “Dove not only cleanses your face but it also hydrates your skin.” She also recommends to use it in the mornings everyday.
Using Dr. Barba’s tips I decided to use the Dove Beauty Bar for my face for 7 days. I can honestly say I’m hooked and in love with the results. Who would have thought Dove Beauty Bar, right??!! You can take my work for it!
With summer around the corner we have to take extra care of our skin and Dr. Barba has provided us some great tips to keep our skin looking fab! Check it out below.
Stay fabulous my Loves!!
Be sure to follow me on Snapchat: Mimisita7 & plz share this post to all your besties!
Warm Weather Skincare: 5 Myths & Secrets
With summer around the corner, women are looking for ways to best prep their skin for the hottest time of year, so they can flaunt their summer ready skin with no worries. Dove spokesperson and beauty expert, Latina dermatologist Dr. Alicia Barba wants to ensure you don’t forget to care for the most visible and largest organ of your body – your skin! Below she shares her top five popular skincare myths this season, along with her best advice on how to look and feel your best this season and always.
- Myth: “ Since I’m Latina with olive or darker skin tone, I’m not as risk for skin cancer”
- Truth: A common misconception in skincare in women of color is that we are immune to getting skin cancer and that we do not need yearly skin exams. This is not true and in fact, skin cancer in Latino patient populations in the US is on the rise. The American Academy of Dermatology has developed specific out reach for the Latino Community and says: “People of all races and colors can develop skin cancer. When skin cancer develops in people with darker skin, it is often diagnosed at a later stage, especially melanoma.” The golden rule: WEAR SUNSCREEN EVERY DAY! Your skin is the largest human organ, and it is the most visible. No matter what season we’re in, know that the skin constantly absorbs ultraviolet aging rays like a sponge, which then damage your DNA, collagen and cause pigment abnormalities later in life.
- Myth: “There is nothing I can do about my “manchas” or darkspots since I’m Latina, and prone to them.”
- Truth: Women of color are definitely more prone to hyperpigmentation due to unknown genetic factors that cause the melanocyte to produce more localized pigment when exposed to sun, hormones or inflammation.. However, we can take preventative measures like not picking at acne or bites, and use sunblock to avoid spots from getting worse. Prevention is key!
- Myth: “I can’t wash my face with the same cleanser I use on my body.”
- Truth: Everyone loves a dual action product, and certain cleansers are gentle enough to care for both your face and body. As the #1 Dermatologist recommended skin cleansing bar, Dove Beauty Bar Sensitive Skin provides superior care over premium cleansing bars. Its ¼ moisturizing cream and gentle formula will leave your skin soft, smooth, and does not dry skin like soap can. Bonus tip: save space when traveling this season by using this beauty bar to wash your face & body, your skin will thank you!
- Myth: “My diet doesn’t have an impact on my skin.”
- Truth: Many of the fried fast foods found in our ethnic communities not only contribute to weight problems but skin problems too. Although diet related skin conditions are hard to quantify, I always say, if it is affecting your waist line, affecting the arteries in your heart, you can be sure it is affecting your skin, the largest organ in the body. It is best to learn how to modify the way we cook our favorite foods so that they have less fat and balance them with greens and low carbohydrate, high protein rich food like beans (boiled and “not refritos.”).
- Myth: “Expensive skincare products are always better for you.”
- Truth: Definitely not! There are many “active ingredients” that have been tried and tested and proven to work, that do not have to cost a lot of money. A good sunscreen can be less than $12, and the same goes for body washes and antiperspirants, a key essential as the weather heats up! One of my favorites is Dove Invisible Dry Spray, it provides 48-hour odor and wetness protection, ¼ moisturizersAND leaves no white marks on 100 colors of clothing all for under $6 – with those triple benefits, you get a real bang for your buck, while also caring for your skin.
For more info call Barba Skin Clinic at 305-851-3033